Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Corruption in the Skies


At first I thought it was just Continental...but no...the disillusionment continues. I keep running into shady business practices that make me very unhappy with the airline industry.
The euro airlines:
Swiss air - what could be better? A good flight, food on a 1 hr plane trip and swiss chocolate besides! But no...you come back home and find out they slapped you with 3 charges of ridiculous unexplained fees. One for going, one for coming and one for being a passenger. How the heck does that make any sense? At first I was convinced I was the victim of fraudulent charges. I call Wells Fargo only to find out it's coming legitimately from the airline. *&%!
At this point I have also booked a flight with Air France. Same ridiculous charges, only this time they're even more expensive. I could have sworn someone was just watching my account, ready to pounce everytime I bought a flight. The funny thing is, at no point during the purchasing of tickets do they notify you of these surreptitious charges. Even when you go back and check your e-mail or the info about ticket bookings there is no asterisk with itty bitty print about charges for who-knows-what. Excuse me, but you can't just hide behind fine to nonexistent print and hope no one will see. It's unjust!
Then there's Continental. Ahh the bane of my existence. Were it not for you...I would not be biding my time on this continent. You book in advance for a reasonable price. And then when you want to change your return flight...it ends up costing you $3,000 to come home a week earlier. Okay fine...I'll just sit here and be prisoner to your conniving little games. *bitter pout*
That being said...it is an airplane that will carry me to my blessed home in California. So it is an airplane that I can thank for the happiest day of my summer. In the words of Diana Ross, I WILL SURVIVE!!!!

1 comment:

Caristi said...

hey irene! didn't know i could actually leave a comment here, but i can! anyhow, the only airline company i trust at this point is southwest.... european airlines seem sucky :( but you sound like you're having an awesome time otherwise, going all over europe! *jealous* hehe... miss you dearie :) tata, cc