Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Tag You're It

The Rules.
-I have to post The Rules before I give you the facts.
-I start with eight random facts/habits about myself.
-As I have been tagged, I need to write my own blog about my eight things and post The Rules.
-At the end of my blog, I need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
-I mustn't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read my blog.

In response to a tag from the cute-as-a-bunny S C.
http://ucsfsynapsemed1.blogspot.com/

8 random facts/habits about myself - I'll try to make these all relate to my trip here somehow.

1. Starting from my plane ride to Paris, two teachers have both approached me and asked if I was a student of theirs. One is a rabbi in Oakland who teaches a class in Berkeley and the other was an Australian lady passing by in Barcelona. Strange because obviously I wasn't...

2. I get giddy around anyone who speaks English fluently. That's how sad I am.

3. Every morning except on Sundays my breakfast is a baguette, jam and tea with lemon. That is the "petit dejeuner" served at our catholic nunnery dormitory. At least there are like 15 different types of jams.

4. I watch Korean dramas online to pass the time sometimes. Every time I see them eating korean food (kimbap, jjajjang myun, bibimbap) the heart inside my stomach feels sad.

5. The first thing I eat when I get off the plane will be my mom's salad. Then bibimbap. Then kimbap. Then sushi or hwe dup bap (sashimi salad). Watermelons and strawberries in between. I promise to wait at least an hour in between all these things.

6. I learned an awesome recipe for this light, eggy pie with cherries called clafoutis. I can't wait to bake when I get back!

7. Sunscreens in Europe are supposed to have more-effective ingredients that the FDA has not approved in the U.S. They're also ridiculously expensive. Like $50 for a bottle from Roche Posay. $20 for grocery store bottles. But I did find a great steal in Barcelona! A sunblock for kids that smells like bananas...oh my gosh it's so yummy smelling! It was only around $5. One more thing: women are load to go topless on the beach. And they do.

8. I left things undone in Europe. I didn't go see everything and do everything. But I like it this way. Then if I ever have a reason to come back, I will be glad to go. On the other hand, if I never come back...I'm more than happy because I've seen what it's like here. In my 3 remaining weekends I intend to:
  • hike annecy. See Montreaux or Bern
  • Visit London --> somewhere I really loved in college and high school
  • visit Interlaken and the surrounding mountains
Tags: Most of you don't do blogs I think. Please...help me stay connected, so if you read this (regardless of being tagged or not) and keep a blog...please send me a message and post your stuff so I can read it! For format's sake, here are my tags: Sujan, christine, vicki, jenny, lainers, winnie, roz, debbie

No comments: